The Community Bond Advisory Committee Process
The Molalla River School District has established a Community Bond Advisory Committee comprised of community members, plus necessary administrative and support staff, to consider options for submitting a potential capital construction bond to voters in May 2024.
The School Board is considering a potential capital construction bond measure to address the urgent facilities needs.
The charge of the Advisory Committee is to consider various options for a new bond proposal. The committee will meet 7-8 times from January-December 2023 and will:
- Review the facilities needs identified in the District’s Facilities Assessment;
- Consider options for financing a potential bond, including amount of bond and length of payback period;
- Develop a timeline and long-term plan for addressing capital improvement projects relating to facilities needs;
- Consider community feedback in creating the recommendation; and
- Recommend to the School Board a potential bond package that could be submitted to voters.
The committee will make a recommendation to the School Board, but will have no independent authority to obligate District funds or issue directions to the District’s administration. The committee’s recommendations will be used to inform decisions made by the Superintendent and the School Board. The committee will meet 7-8 times from January-December 2023 and will submit a recommendation to the School Board on or before December 31, 2023.
Meeting Presentation Materials
- August 1st Presentation Slides
- July 11th Presentation Slides
- June 6th Meeting Presentation Slides
- May 2nd Meeting Presentation Slides
- April 4th Meeting Presentation Slides
- February 7th Meeting Presentation Slides
- August 1st Meeting Minutes
- July 11th Meeting Minutes
- June 6th Meeting Minutes
- May 2nd Meeting Minutes
- April 4th Meeting Minutes
- February 7th Meeting Minutes